Root canal treatment is done to reduce the bacteria from the concerned tooth, prevent the disastrous infection breakout of the tooth and preserve the natural tooth. When one takes the root canal treatment, the infected or problematic pulp is extracted and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and cured by Root Canal Dentist, then filled and sealed to completely restore the teeth.
How do you know if you need a root canal?
- A damaged, decayed, broken, or loosened tooth and you can feel it through the tongue.
- Penetrating, sharp, and striking pain that is difficult to point to and may be due to the contaminated pulp or disposition of bacteria at the point of the root.
- Discoloration or death like the appearance of the tooth.
- Blunted ache and pressure.
- Pain can be felt in the ear and in the encompassing areas.
- Prolonged pain and sharp sensation to the extreme temperature of drinks and foods.
- Recurring or resolute sore on the gum line that may leak pus producing a foul odor or taste.
- Severe toothache pain when digging teeth onto something, chewing or sensitivity in the tooth as of the infection or swelling of the root tip, and little pressure leading to the bleeding and other problems.
- Swelling and tenderness of the gums near the infected tooth
- Swelling around the jawline area.
- Main triggers of tooth pulp damage or contamination:
- Canker where a pus pocket forms around the tooth and leading to the frequent bleeding this can be a sign of infection, this needs the attention of dentist Houston tx for further help.
- Radical gum infection causes continuous pain, if you are having this right now. Please dial a 24Hour Dentist Near Me.
- Bruxism or teeth grinding at night can raise a ticket to visit theroot canal dentist near me.
- Deep tooth decay under a tooth filling develops an infection and other dental issues.
- Tooth cavity
- Repeated dental problems and poor practice of the doctor can cause a lot of stress on the tooth leading to the RCT
Things You Want To Know About RCT:
What can you eat after a root canal?
Things that are easy to eat and swallow like porridge, eggs, ice cream, and milkshakes are great alternatives. Some fruits are very soft such as papaya and grapes. Soft fruits are easy to digest and help in getting the required nutrition.
How long does it take for Root Canal Recovery?
If you feel any significant swelling, pain, or disturbing symptoms that are not getting any better with time and over the counter medicines, contact the best dentist near me. Most patients heal from their root canal in a period of 2-3 days. In exceptional cases, some patients complain about the problematic side.
How long does a root canal last?
Root canal treatment is generally successful at preserving the tooth and eradicating the infection. Approximately, 9 out of 10 root-treated goes well for 8 to 10 years